Monty Program Ab has signed up to be a sponsor at the Open Database Camp Sardinia 2011, and has donated the logo placement to the MariaDB project.
As a company we definitely plan to have a few employees attend and speak about all the things we’ve been working on in MariaDB. Will you be there? Go fill out the attendee list.
We’re all very excited at the first Open Database Camp (with a similar OpenSQLCamp format) and are especially excited for it being hosted in the beautiful island of Sardinia. See you there!
New Year is coming! And it brings us a new MySQL User Conference! As always, me and my colleagues will be attending — we have great talks to offer:
- Monty is giving a keynote State of MariaDB. Just like the last year, Monty will tell you how we are doing, what we have spent the last year on, what we are working on now.
- Colin presents A Beginner’s Guide to MariaDB talk. If you have heard of MariaDB, but don’t quite know what it is and why you should care — go and attend his talk.
- Sergei (that’s me) together with Andrew Hutchings will give a tutorial Mastering the MySQL Plugin Development. An interactive and updated version of the book that was recently published. Unlike the book, we will use MySQL 5.5 as a base, not 5.1. Most of the material will equally apply to MariaDB and Percona Server — they are all compatible on the Plugin API level.
See you at the conference! It’s going to be a great one!
P.S. Hopefully, Eyjafjallajökull will be quiet this time.
And the winners are, …
There was quite a rush for the t-shirts and we have our three winners:
* Antony Curtis http://antbits.blogspot.com/
* Ray Kawalec http://www.traenq.com/
* Patrick Crews http://www.wc220.com/
Due to your high interest in our Istanbul2010 t-shirts, we are extending our giveaway quiz until November 30th.
Question: What is Maria in MariaDB and how is it connected to My and Max?
Email your answers to “istanbul2010-contest [at] askmonty (dot) o r g” before 30 Nov 2010. Good luck!
By the way, the design on the t-shirts looks like this: