At OSCON, if you’re into the MySQL world, the day to be paying attention to BoFs is clearly Wednesday, 24 July 2013. We have a MariaDB BoF at D136 at 8pm-9pm, but before that you might be at the MySQL BoF in the same room, or you might be in Peter Zaitsev’s BoF on MySQL, NoSQL, Big Data – Better Together in E141. So figure out how to split yourself at 7-8pm, and once you’re done, come from 8-9pm at D136 on Wednesday and join the MariaDB crew at OSCON!
We’ll also be at the SkySQL booth, so come by Booth 815 and get some free t-shirts, stickers, or support the MariaDB community by being a foundation donor.
Team MariaDB will be at the Percona Live MySQL Conference & Expo 2013, held in Santa Clara from April 22-25 2013. We will also be at the SkySQL Solutions Day held on April 26 2013 at the same venue, the Hyatt Santa Clara. We have talks, a booth in the DotOrg Pavilion, have a BoF and we’re participating in the passport program.
Team MariaDB talks:
- (Monday) Advanced Query Optimizer Tuning & Analysis, a tutorial by Sergei Petrunia & Timour Katchaounov
- (Tuesday) MariaDB Cassandra Interoperability, a talk by Sergei Petrunia & Colin Charles
- (Tuesday) Engine-independent persistent statistics with histograms in MariaDB, a talk by Igor Babaev
- (Tuesday) Replication Changes in MariaDB, a talk by Michael “Monty” Widenius & Sergei Golubchik
- (Tuesday) a BoF at 7pm, in Ballroom F, where you can be sure to get black vodka!
- (Wednesday) MariaDB 10.0 & What’s New With the Project, a talk by Michael “Monty” Widenius & Colin Charles
- (Thursday) Storage Engines & Other Plugins: What’s New? a talk by Sergei Golubchik
Many others are also speaking about MariaDB, and some of the team have talks that aren’t exactly related to MariaDB and those will be covered in another post.
In the meantime, what are you waiting for, register now! Use the code SponsorSQL to get 15% off the price as well.
Alongside SkySQL, we participate in SkySQL & MariaDB Meetups. These events are free to attend and you’ll get to meet & speak with SkySQL CEO Patrik Sallner and all round MariaDB man (& MySQL creator) Michael “Monty” Widenius.
- Roadshow in Amsterdam, the Netherlands – 21 March 2013
- Roadshow in Paris, France – 27 March 2013
If you’re at the Percona Live MySQL Conference & Expo Santa Clara (many of us from Team MariaDB are speaking), you should consider spending the extra day there as on Friday April 26 2013, there exists the SkySQL & MariaDB Global Roadshow 2013. It’s also free to attend, so even if you can’t attend all week, consider just coming on Friday.