MariaDB is very happy to be accepted as a project in the Google Summer of Code 2013. This will be our first year participating and we’re stoked that we’re one of the accepted organizations. We have an ideas list as always, and we’re expecting to get some great mentors & students to hack on some new code for the MariaDB project (which now comprises not just the server, but Galera Cluster as well as the connectors). Watch this space for more information, but if you’re interested in hacking on MySQL, MariaDB, Galera Cluster or some of the Percona toolkit, and it’s a summer’s worth of work, this should be a lot of fun!
Team MariaDB will be at the Percona Live MySQL Conference & Expo 2013, held in Santa Clara from April 22-25 2013. We will also be at the SkySQL Solutions Day held on April 26 2013 at the same venue, the Hyatt Santa Clara. We have talks, a booth in the DotOrg Pavilion, have a BoF and we’re participating in the passport program.
Team MariaDB talks:
- (Monday) Advanced Query Optimizer Tuning & Analysis, a tutorial by Sergei Petrunia & Timour Katchaounov
- (Tuesday) MariaDB Cassandra Interoperability, a talk by Sergei Petrunia & Colin Charles
- (Tuesday) Engine-independent persistent statistics with histograms in MariaDB, a talk by Igor Babaev
- (Tuesday) Replication Changes in MariaDB, a talk by Michael “Monty” Widenius & Sergei Golubchik
- (Tuesday) a BoF at 7pm, in Ballroom F, where you can be sure to get black vodka!
- (Wednesday) MariaDB 10.0 & What’s New With the Project, a talk by Michael “Monty” Widenius & Colin Charles
- (Thursday) Storage Engines & Other Plugins: What’s New? a talk by Sergei Golubchik
Many others are also speaking about MariaDB, and some of the team have talks that aren’t exactly related to MariaDB and those will be covered in another post.
In the meantime, what are you waiting for, register now! Use the code SponsorSQL to get 15% off the price as well.