The Percona Live MySQL Conference & Expo (PLMCE) 2015 Call for Papers will close November 16 2014. It is a great place to talk shop about all things MySQL, MariaDB, and the community surrounding it. It happens April 13-16 2015, and I’m sure you’re thinking about ideas so make use of the weekend well and submit a paper, because this is a great event to attend. It’s also a good time to meet some of the MariaDB crew, whom tend to show up as speakers & attendees alike!
Percona Live London 2013 is almost here: November 11-12 2013. Team MariaDB & SkySQL will be present, and here’s an agenda if you’re interested in all things MariaDB:
- Monday, 11.11.2013 – 2-5pm – What’s New in MariaDB 10 and MariaDB Tools – a tutorial from Ivan Zoratti. This is a hands-on lab, complete with virtual machines provided by Ivan. You’ll also get to see MariaDB Manager from the abstract.
- Tuesday 12.11.2013 – 9.45-10.00am – What’s New in MariaDB 5.5 and what will happen with MariaDB 10.0 – a keynote from Michael “Monty” Widenius of the MariaDB Foundation.
- Tuesday 12.11.2013 – 2.50-3.40pm – MariaDB 10 Feature Overview – a session from Colin Charles on features available inside of MariaDB 10.
Don’t forget that on Monday 11.11.2013 from 4-7pm, there are also free drinks for all attendees of Percona Live London at a bar about a 2-minute walk away. Find out more about MariaDB/SkySQL drinks.
Team MariaDB will be at the Percona Live MySQL Conference & Expo 2013, held in Santa Clara from April 22-25 2013. We will also be at the SkySQL Solutions Day held on April 26 2013 at the same venue, the Hyatt Santa Clara. We have talks, a booth in the DotOrg Pavilion, have a BoF and we’re participating in the passport program.
Team MariaDB talks:
- (Monday) Advanced Query Optimizer Tuning & Analysis, a tutorial by Sergei Petrunia & Timour Katchaounov
- (Tuesday) MariaDB Cassandra Interoperability, a talk by Sergei Petrunia & Colin Charles
- (Tuesday) Engine-independent persistent statistics with histograms in MariaDB, a talk by Igor Babaev
- (Tuesday) Replication Changes in MariaDB, a talk by Michael “Monty” Widenius & Sergei Golubchik
- (Tuesday) a BoF at 7pm, in Ballroom F, where you can be sure to get black vodka!
- (Wednesday) MariaDB 10.0 & What’s New With the Project, a talk by Michael “Monty” Widenius & Colin Charles
- (Thursday) Storage Engines & Other Plugins: What’s New? a talk by Sergei Golubchik
Many others are also speaking about MariaDB, and some of the team have talks that aren’t exactly related to MariaDB and those will be covered in another post.
In the meantime, what are you waiting for, register now! Use the code SponsorSQL to get 15% off the price as well.