MariaDB Server has a vibrant community contributing in a wide range of areas. There are many valuable ways you can contribute to MariaDB.
- MariaDB on Zulip
- maria-developers mailing list
- maria-discuss mailing list
- maria-docs mailing list
- #maria IRC channel on freenode (see the IRC page on the Knowledge Base for help with IRC).
- The MariaDB Foundation and MariaDB Corporation have a presence on Reddit, Twitter, Facebook and Google Plus. See the social media page.
- Contribute towards documenting MariaDB Server and its ecosystem by adding new content or improving existing content.
- Translate existing documentation.
- Report bugs
- Triage and investigate bugs
- Write code to fix bugs or develop new features (see Getting Started for Developers)
- Test development versions, help with code quality control and automated testing
- Participate in packaging for different Linux distributions
You’re very welcome to support MariaDB Server as an individual, or talk your company into joining the Foundation as a member. See the Sponsor page.